March 30, 2021 15 Comments
The American Sustainable Business Council & Social Venture Circle is hosting Building a Just and Sustainable Future: A virtual convening for business leaders, impact investors, policy makers, and more, April 19-21, 2021. This virtual conference, building on the success of the premier virtual event in 2020, exists to facilitate meaningful peer-to-peer conversations and action around shared interests for the 1,000+ members of ASBC-SVC: businesses, entrepreneurs, impact investors, policy makers, and capacity-builders working to create an economy that works for all.
Check out the conference program and agenda and be sure to see Tanka listed in one of the below sessions.
· How are investors, businesses and young people advancing clean energy policies – and how can you be part of the movement? with Johanna Neumann (Environment America Campaign for 100% Renewable Energy), Dan Xie (CALPIRG), Andrea Ranger (Green Century Capital Management).
· Low-Hanging Fruit To Have More Impact – And Help Your Team Do the Same with Nell Derick Debevoise (Inspiring Capital).
· Making Impact Measurement Manageable with Adam Garfunkel (Junxion), Mike Rowlands (Junxion), Garth Yule (Junxion).
· Climate Positive Business: How Businesses Hit Bold Climate Goals and Go Net Zero with David Jaber (Climate Positive Consulting), Elysa Hammond (Clif Bar), Carolina Miranda (Cultivating Capital)
· How Business Leaders Can Become Film Producers for Impact! Learn How Impactful Business Leaders Have Invested in Film Storytelling That Inspires Stakeholder-Action with Greg Hemmings (Hemmings House) and Lisa Hrabluk (Wicked Ideas / Hemmings House)
· Compassion as a Business Practice with Carson D. Kelly (Benevolently and Compassion 2.0), Scott Shute (LinkedIn and author of “Full Body Yes”), and Monica Worline (EnlivenWork, Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, CompassionLab, Co-author “Awakening Compassion at Work”)
· Restorative Investing for Racial Justice: Learning more about the Tanka Bar Investment with Aner Ben-Ami (Candide Group), Dawn Sherman (Tanka Bar), Laina Greene (Angels of Impact)
· Reconnection, Regeneration, and Healthy Ecosystems are DOA without action.. Get in on the act with the New Living Planet Working Group! with Sierra Flanigan (Living Lab), Annarie Lyles (Bio-Gist Ventures), Janet M Morgan (Sequent Management Group).
· Sustained Change for a New Economy: The Work of Building Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive Communities Continues with Diane J. Johnson (Mmapeu Consulting).
· Crowdfunding for Investors & Entrepreneurs with Jenny Kassan (Opportunity Main Street and CrowdFund Main Street), Samson Williams (Crowdfunding Professional Association), Arno Hesse (Investibule and Slow Money Northern California), Sharmi Albrechtsen (SmartGurlz, Inc – check out the Wefunder campaign), Adie Akuffo-Afful (Wefunder).
· High ROI: Inclusive Talent Development Strategies for the Investment Field with James Benedict (Left Tackle Capital), Deborah Frieze (Boston Impact Initiative), Lauren Grattan (Mission Driven Finance).
· Managing Your Harshest Critic: That Person You See in the Mirror with Flip Brown (Business Culture Consultants and the Wholistic Work network) and Amy Hall (EILEEN FISHER and Impactorum, LLC).
August 03, 2021 25 Comments
Tanka Fund’s goal is to convert 1,000,000 acres of virgin prairie to regenerative agriculture built around a buffalo based economy. Join us in restoring health and prosperity to Native communities.
Receive the latest news about Tanka and be the first to know about specials.